Monday, December 16, 2013

A Few of my Favorite Things - Christmas Edition

It's Christmas in Dixie!! So, I would like to share a few of my favorite parts of Christmas. However, they are in no particular order. Randomness is fun.
1. CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!!! I love Christmas music. (Yes I listen to it before Thanksgiving). Michael Buble, Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters are the best.
2. Christmas baking!! I haven't been able to do much yet because I'm just now finishing up the school semester. But Oreo balls and Christmas cookies are coming!! 
3. Christmas movies. It's A Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, Holiday Inn, White Christmas, Holiday Affair, Charlie Brown Christmas..... Oldies are the best.
4. Hot chocolate and apple cider. Yum.
5. Decorating the tree. While listening to Christmas music. (See #1).
6. Family traditions. I have a big family. Being crammed into one tiny living room on Christmas Day, listening to the Christmas story... Ah it's great. You can't move, so it doesn't pay to be claustrophobic in my family. But it's memories that I will always cherish. After we do the cramming bit, we go to the movies!! Our WHOLE family! Which is normally about 40 or 50 people total! Don't you know the movie theater people love to see us coming! 
7. Spending time with my friends. 2 of my best friends are away at college so when they come home for Christmas break it's reunion time!! 
8. What it's all about. God sending his only son to earth for the whole world. 
Merry Christmas, y'all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment